Monday, December 13, 2010

No Bubbles

Today I bought my second tank of gas for my stove. I purchased my last one December 24, 2009. Yes, Christmas eve, just before I needed to start cooking dinner for my volunteer friends coming over for Christmas lunch. My old tank ran out about 2 weeks ago, but I just now got around to getting a new one, because I was in the process of inviting people over, again, for Christmas lunch/dinner. At least I bought it two weeks in advance, not two hours.


The price went from 80,000 to 95,000 G, so I'm thankful that I only seem to buy them once a year.


I bought the tank from the lady on the corner, and the story lady’s daughter helped me lug it over to my house. I tried hooking it up myself, but I was freaked out because it sounded like it was leaking gas. I disconnected everything and went to my landlady to ask her to try it. She hooked it up and then had the most ingenious little trick to see if there was a leak. She took a sponge and some liquid soap and lathered up the connecting part of the tank. Bubbles = leak, being poisoned in my sleep, and/or my house exploding. No Bubbles = Popcorn time.


Time to go make popcorn :)

1 comment:

Grammy, Grandpa said...

Lynz,
That soapy water trick still is used by many car owners and auto shops to check for leaks in tires.
Grandpa