Friday, July 10, 2009

We got a washing machine!!!

It’s bbbbbea-utiful. It only washes the clothes, it doesn’t rinse them, but it is still an exquisite piece of machinery as far as I’m concerned. Right now I only use it to wash my jackets and pants, because it’s a little hard on more delicate fabrics, but not having to scrub my pants is heaven.



I’ve also learned a few washing tricks from a former volunteer. One is that I shouldn’t use OMO, the most popular washing detergent because is extremely strong and will strip the clothes of their color. She also told us that soaping up the clothes and let them soak for a while is just as effective as scrubbing the daylights out of the clothes and they will last longer. I also have to make sure to zip up my pants when they are drying on the clothes line; otherwise the sun will bleach one part of the fabric more, creating an arrow to my ‘particulars,’ to use Anne Marie exact terminology.

No comments: